This post is a collaboration with C&D Solicitors.
On the Costa Tropical there are plenty of brokers and many wonderful houses and apartments for sale. Maybe you have found your dream house and feel that you would rather move in tomorrow?
In that case, it is a good idea to stop and think about what you need to know to buy a property here in Spain:
- What are the additional costs?
- What documents do you need to complete the purchase?
- How does registration in the Land Registry work?
- What if you want to do an inspection of the property?
- Are there different rules for a town houses and country houses?
- How do you check if there are debts linked to the property?
- Does the bill of sale have to be signed in front of the Notarius public?
- Do you need to get help from a lawyer or does the broker arrange everything?
If you plan to spend a large part of your savings on a house purchase here in Spain, it´s recomendable to hire a knowledgeable lawyer who can help you through the entire buying process.
At C&D Solicitors there are English speaking lawyers who specialize in Spanish real estate law. They have their office in Torrox Costa, about 30 km from Almuñécar on the way to Malaga. The employees at C&D Solicitors have many customers in Almuñécar – La Herradura and they can make “home visits” if desired.
On the C&D Solicitors website you can read more and get answers to the above questions.